Bold Subscriptions offers your customers the ability to manage their own subscriptions through the app's Customer Portal.
Through this page, your customers can adjust their subscription information, or cancel it altogether.
This guide must be completed for your customers to manage their own subscriptions. Without this page, your customers will need to contact you in order to make any changes to their subscriptions. For more information, please visit Review the Customer Tab & Customer Portal.
With the Customer Portal in Bold Subscriptions, you are able to offer your customers two different ways for managing how they cancel their subscriptions.
To select your cancellation settings within the app, go to Settings > Cancellation Management. You will see two options:
Allow customers to cancel subscriptions
This feature will allow your customers to cancel their own subscriptions through the Customer Portal on the store front, once it is enabled. This is ideal if you want to give your customers the flexibility in choosing when to cancel their subscriptions.
Don't allow customers to cancel subscriptions
This will hide the cancel subscription option from your customers on your storefront. Customers will only be able to cancel their subscriptions by contacting your store directly.
Note: This option may not be permissible in all of the regions that you sell subscriptions.
To create your Customer Portal, please follow these steps:
- From the WordPress admin, select Pages.
- Select Add New.
- Title the page My Subscriptions.
- Select the plus sign and select Browse all.
- Scroll down to Widgets and select Custom HTML.
- In the Page Content section, select HTML.
- Copy and paste the following code into the HTML editor:
- Select Publish.
- Select Publish again.
- Navigate back to the WordPress admin and select Appearance then Menus.
- Select the menu where you want My Subscriptions to appear.
- Under Add menu items, select the My Subscriptions page you just created and select Add to Menu.
- Click Save Menu.
- Go back to the storefront, refresh the page and check that My Subscriptions appears in the selected menu.