Please be advised that due to a large backlog of migration requests, we are experiencing delays as we work through this queue. We are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience.
Please contact our Merchant Success Team if you have any other questions or concerns.
It's important to note that Bold Subscriptions V2 is not an upgrade from V1, it's a completely different app. For more information, please visit our Bold Subscriptions V1 & V2 Comparison article.
Requirements Before Migrating
Before you submit your migration request, please follow these steps:
- Determine if you are eligible. For more information, please visit Payment Options & Eligibility in Bold Subscriptions V2.
Note: Currently, we are only able to migrate merchants who wish to use Shopify Payments as their payment gateway. The ability to migrate to Authorize.net will be available in the near future.
- Install Bold Subscriptions V2. For more information, please visit Installation Guide For Bold Subscriptions V2.
Note: If you have an existing subscription service running on your live theme, please install Subscriptions V2 on a backup theme in order to prevent code conflicts.
- Set up Bold Subscriptions V2 and place a test order. For more information, please visit Setup Bold Subscriptions V2.
- Create an Account in Account Center. For more information, please visit Create & Connect an Account in Bold Account Center.
- Connect a legacy Stripe account. For more information, please visit Connect a Legacy Stripe Account Before Migrating.
Note: At this time, we are only able to process migrations from merchants using Stripe as their payment gateway. Additional options will be available in the future. Please visit the above link for more information.
- Discount codes cannot be migrated over.
- Shipping rates are unable to be migrated over. The rates that are currently set up in your Shopify shipping settings will become the rate applied to your subscriptions.
- By default, any orders which have been skipped on the previous platform won't be recognized.
At this time, we are only able to process migrations from merchants using Stripe as their payment gateway. If you are migrating from Bold Subscriptions V1 to V2, you must use the same Stripe account that is connected within Bold Subscriptions V1.
Additionally, there are some features that are exclusive to Bold Subscriptions V1. Some examples of subscriptions we cannot migrate over are:
- Build a Box subscriptions
- Convertible Subscriptions
- Prepaid & Gift Subscriptions
As well, you may want to consider other features that are exclusive to Subscriptions V1, such as:
- Buy Buttons
- Dynamic Discounts
Bold Subscriptions V2 is actively being developed and updated all the time. Some features that are not yet available via Shopify or Bold, may become available in the near future. For example, we are currently working on adding Prepaid Subscriptions. Please continue to check our Bold Subscriptions V1 & V2 Comparison article for updates.
Some other benefits are:
- Only one checkout to manage.
- You'll be able to take advantage of Shopify Payments’ potentially lower transaction fees for new subscriptions, as well other benefits.
- Ability to use PayPal Express or Authorize.net.
- Ability to use other apps that rely on the Shopify Checkout.
- Access to powerful, API-driven customization options to build and scale a subscription service that fits your business. Tailor your setup, checkout flow, and customer portal for a one-of-a-kind subscription experience to drive dependable recurring revenue.
Ready to Migrate?
After the requirements are met from above, simply submit your ticket to this form and our Migrations team will reach out to you in 1-2 business days. Our team will export the information needed from Bold Subscriptions V1 and import it into Bold Subscriptions V2.
There is no cost to migrate to Bold Subscriptions V2 on Shopify. We are happy to provide the service and migration support free of charge.
We will continue supporting V1 for the foreseeable future, and will not require merchants to migrate to V2. For others who want to migrate to V2, our goal is to help with that.
If you are currently on Bold Subscriptions V1, and do not wish to migrate, it is recommended to keep the app installed on your store.
Once Bold Subscriptions V1 is removed from your store, you will be unable to access this version again. So it is important that you understand the features and impact that this change will create.
No, all active subscribers you currently have on Bold Subscriptions V1 will remain untouched.
If you are interested in switching to the new version of Bold Subscriptions, it is best to keep the current version of your app and review all our documentation on the new version as well.
Bold is constantly working on adding new features to our Subscription app, and will be focusing on launching new material in the upcoming months. Please continue to check our Bold Subscriptions V1 & V2 Comparison article for updates.
You can also reach out via chat if you have any feature recommendations. All feedback received is greatly appreciated.
Bold Subscriptions V2 is a robust subscriptions platform that offers a wide variety of features to enhance your customer’s subscription experience. When comparing Bold Subscriptions V2 to other subscription apps on Shopify, Bold Subscriptions V2 can offer you:
- The ability to set up your subscriptions exactly how you would like for your subscribers. API's and webhooks can be used to design a branded experience for your customers that spreads across your product pages, checkout, and customer portal.
- Allow your customers to have total control of their orders by being able to edit, skip, or cancel their subscriptions.
- The ability to create automatic and personalized emails to be sent to your customers when any changes occur to their subscriptions. This is all managed with our in-app email editor.
- Use real-time analytics and reporting to track performance and inform optimization.
To see an outline of the differences between Bold Subscriptions V1 & V2, please visit Bold Subscriptions V1 & V2 Comparison.