The Bold Plugin allows you to install Bold Commerce’s suite of industry leading apps to your WordPress website to increase the flexibility and performance of WooCommerce. With the Bold Plugin, you will also be able to add any 3rd party apps which can integrate with Bold Commerce apps.
Currently, the following Bold Commerce apps are available when using the Bold Plugin:
- Bold Checkout
- Bold Subscriptions
This article will provide an overview of the Bold apps which are currently available, outline any requirements, and show you how to install the Bold Plugin.
Bold Checkout is a powerful, performance enhancing checkout solution. With the flexibility to meet unique business needs and the functionality to boost conversion, you will be able to increase your average order value, build customer loyalty, and more.
Bold Checkout can be used in one of two methods:
- Bold Checkout Template: This method will redirect your customers to the Bold Checkout when placing their orders.
- WooCommerce Integrated Bold Checkout: This method seamlessly integrates the features of Bold Checkout within the WooCommerce checkout.
Bold Checkout is integrated with WooCommerce checkout with the following features:
- Supports guest and authenticated user sessions.
- Supports custom data passed by the store when orders are placed.
- Passes customer order notes.
- Validates billing and shipping addresses.
- Supports Bold discount codes.
- Supports weight and size based shipping, as well as integrations with shipping providers.
- Adds visual feedback when the form is processing customer data.
- Supports custom styling within the payments section.
- Populates a Thank you/confirmation page with checkout session data.
For more information, please visit Bold Checkout Overview.
Bold Subscriptions allows you to generate predictable recurring revenue and build customer loyalty with a customizable subscription program that’s unique to your business.
Bold Subscriptions is integrated with WooCommerce with the following features:
- Creates a widget for adding subscriptions to the cart.
- Creates shortcode for adding the Customer Portal to any page.
- Creates a Gutenburg block for adding the Customer Portal to any page.
- Creates a new Customer Portal tab as part of the WooCommerce account page.
- Adds support for Subscriptions to the WooCommerce Integrated Bold Checkout.
For more information, please visit Bold Subscriptions Overview.
Before installing the Bold Plugin for WooCommerce, please ensure you are using:
- Minimum PHP version 7.2
- Minimum WordPress version 5.4.0
- Minimum WooCommerce version 4.5.0
To download the latest release of the Bold Plugin, please contact our Sales department. Once you have the Bold Plugin, you can activate and install it following the steps below.
- Within your WordPress admin, navigate to Plugins.
- Select Add New.
- Select Upload Plugin.
- Select the Choose File button and choose bold-wp-plugin.zip.
- Select Install Now.
- Once the installation is complete, select Activate Plugin.
Note: For a smooth installation, select any option except plain in the store settings: WP Admin > Settings > Permalinks > Common Settings.
If you see an error which mentions that you are exceeding the max size of your upload file, please increase the max size of uploading file (ex. 10MB) from your WordPress admin and try again.
- Once the Bold Plugin is installed, you will be greeted with the Welcome Page. Select Get Started.
- Login to your Account Center account, or select Get Started to create a new one.
Note: For more information, please visit Create & Connect a Bold Account.
- Once logged in, select Add underneath Bold Checkout.
- Select Accept to accept the scopes.