Bold Account Center is a tool that you can use to manage your Bold apps (Bold Checkout), integrations, and users. You can also create access tokens to begin using our available APIs to launch new integrations.
You can connect and manage multiple stores from one account, under your main organization.
- If you are setting up an account on behalf of a merchant, it's important to make the merchant an Organization Admin to ensure they have full access to their account.
- If you'd like to create an account for the purpose of joining an existing store or organization, you will need to manually reach out to an admin of the existing organization and request they send you an invitation.
For more information, please visit Invite or Deactivate a New User.
Before creating your Bold Account, you must have the following:
- A project set up in commercetools. For more information, please visit commercetools Merchant Center, Project documentation.
- A store set up in commercetools. For more information, please visit commercetools Merchant Center, Stores documentation.
- An API key for Bold Account Center generated in your commercetools admin. Please refer to the instructions below.
Generate an API key for Bold Account Center
Before creating your Bold account in Account Center, you must create an API key with scopes within your commercetools store. Please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Merchant center, within your commercetools admin.
- Navigate to Settings, then Developer Settings.
- Click + Create a new API client.
- To connect to Account Center, select the following scopes:
- Types - this will be automatically selected.
- Project Settings
- Click Create API client to generate your credentials.
Note: Make sure to save your credentials along with all information from this page in a secure location. This information is needed to create your Bold Account. Once closed, you will not be able to view this page again. If you are unable to save your credentials, you will have to repeat this process.
Create a Bold Account
To create your account, please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Bold Account Center Login Page.
- Click Create account.
- Enter your Name, Organization name, Email, and choose a strong password.
Note: For Organization, use a name that represents your entire company. You can add multiple stores to your organization in Account Center. Be sure to save your credentials for future logins.
- Click Next.
- Select commercetools for your Platform, enter your Store URL, enter your commercetools details in all fields, and click I consent to the creation of a cartClaimed Custom Field on my store.
- The Store URL should be a unique address. It is not the same as the Auth URL or API URL.
- The Store Key can be found by navigating to Settings > Project settings > Stores.
- The Project Key, Client ID, Client Secret, Auth URL, and API URL can be obtained from the information you saved when generating your Account Center API key. The Auth URL and API URL must be the exact values.
- The cartClaimed Custom Field is attached to your commercetools order resource, which is used for customizing both orders and carts. The cart must be set as claimed so that further changes cannot be made while Checkout is processing the order.
- Click Add store.
Note: Your shop's order resource must have a Custom Type. The Custom Type is necessary to customize the order resource. If you have not set a Custom Type for your store, you are shown the dialogue box below. Here, you can provide a name for the Custom Type, and it is created on your behalf.
- Enter the information in the available fields to create a Store profile.
- Click Next.
- Your store's connection is now successful. Click Go to Launchpad to access Bold Account Center's management features.
Note: It's best practice to have more than one user associated with a store. This is particularly important if you are part of an agency or someone else setting up Bold Account Center on behalf of a merchant. Follow the instructions in Invite or Deactivate a user in Account Center.