Bold Subscriptions automatically applies a tag to your subscribers based on the status of their subscription. These tags can be used to target your subscribers for sales, marketing campaigns, and more.
This article provides an overview of these customer tags and outlines you how you can use Bold Subscriptions' customer tags to benefit your store.
Bold Subscriptions applies a tag to your subscribers based on their subscription status. Active subscribers are tagged with active_subscriber and inactive subscribers are tagged with inactive_subscriber. This tag is applied to your customer profile within Shopify, not within the app.
Any new tags that are added to your customer profile in the Shopify admin do not affect the existing Bold Subscriptions tags and can be used alongside them.
These tags make it easy to categorize and target your subscription customers. You can leverage customer tags for the following possibilities:
- Send out custom email campaigns
- Offer customer subscription specific discount codes
- Integrate with Shopify Flow
- Track and segment customers
- Offer membership style functionality
The active_subscriber tag is reapplied when the customer’s next recurrence processes.
- The names of the customer tags added to your subscribers cannot be edited at this time.
- While you can’t add additional tagging rules from within the Subscriptions admin, you can add any additional tags to a customer profile through the Shopify admin. If you are interested in setting custom tagging rules for your subscribers, you can look into activating Shopify Flow.