Looking to get Custom Pricing set-up and running? Follow this comprehensive step-by-step guide and you will soon be ready to launch your wholesale service.
To install Bold Custom Pricing on your Shopify store, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Bold Custom Pricing page in the Shopify app store.
- If it prompts you, enter your .myshopify.com URL.
- Accept the App Permissions, then select Install App.
- Select Start Free Trial to approve the future monthly charges.
Note: If you have previously installed the app, you will be prompted to pay the first month's fee right away.
- Read through and accept the terms and conditions.
Bold Custom Pricing has three price plans which are currently available: The Customer Pricing plan, Customer Pricing Premium, and the Quantity Breaks plan. For more information on the features included within these three plans, please visit our Bold Custom Pricing app page.
When Custom Pricing is installed on your store, it will default to the Customer Pricing plan.
To adjust which plan your store is currently on, please follow these steps:
- From within the Bold Custom Pricing app, select Settings.
- Select Account & Billing.
- Select Turn On next to the plan that you would like to enable.
- Select Update Plan.
- Select Approve subscription.
- Select Accept and Continue under the terms and conditions.
If your store is currently on a free trial, turning on another plan will not affect this trial on your store.
Bold Custom Pricing requires that Liquid code be added to your Shopify theme in order to work properly. This includes making sure that the wholesale discounts properly reflect on the storefront, as well as the quantity break table appears correctly on product pages.
There are three options for completing this installation on your store:
- Automatic Install - This option automatically adds the Bold Custom Pricing code to your theme.
- Expert Install - Have one of Bold's experts add the code to your store manually.
- Manual Install - View our step-by-step guide to manually add all of the Bold Custom Pricing code to your theme.
For more information on completing each step, please visit our Custom Pricing Installation article.
The app utilizes your Shopify customer accounts to provide your wholesale customers with access to their discounts.
If customer accounts are not enabled on your Shopify site, your customers will not be able to access their wholesale pricing.
Visit Set Your Customer Account Preferences (links to Shopify) for more information on how to enable customer accounts on your site.
Bold Custom Pricing offers three different discount methods that applies the discounts set in the app differently on the storefront, as well as changes some of the storefront functionality of the app.
There are currently three different discount methods available in Custom Pricing:
- Variant Dependant Method - With this method, Custom Pricing creates a duplicate variant for each customer level/tag associated with that product. These duplicate variants are an exact copy of the ones that already exist, but have the discounted price you applied.
- Draft Order Method - With this method, a draft order is created and processed (with the customer's discount) when they select the checkout button.
- Accelerated Draft Order Method - With this method, a draft order is also created (with the customer's discount) and processed when they select the checkout button.
Each discount method also comes with some benefits and limitations, so it's important to use the best discount method that works for you.
For more information on each discount method, please visit Discount Methods and How to Switch.
Customer pricing tags are how the app controls which of your customers receive wholesale discounts and what that discount amount is.
You're able to name the tag, set a discount percentage, and choose whether to charge taxes or not in the checkout page for each tag. You'll need to either manually assign them to your customer's account in order for them to receive the wholesale discount when they are logged in or using an auto-tagging rule if you have the premium plan enabled in Custom Pricing.
Tags are case-sensitive and must be entered exactly the same between Custom Pricing and the Customer edit page.
A tag of VIP must be entered as VIP in the Shopify admin.
Visit Create, Edit or Delete Customer Tags for more information on how to set up these tags and assign them to your customer accounts.
Bold Custom Pricing currently has two different ways that you can set individual tiered discounts across your products. You can set discounts to your products by either creating Product Pricing Groups, or in the Detailed Pricing section.
Product Pricing Groups
Product pricing groups allow you to select which of your products you want to offer wholesale pricing for.
You can specify either a discount percentage, amount off, or set fixed prices for each of your wholesale tiers.
With the Quantity Breaks module enabled, you're also able to set additional discounts for customers who purchase multiples of a specific product.
Visit Create, Edit or Delete Product Pricing Groups for more information on how to set up these groups.
Detailed Pricing is only available while the Customer Pricing Premium plan is enabled in Bold Custom Pricing.
Custom Pricing also provides you with the ability to create detailed pricing on a per item/per price group basis. You can specify each product's price or discount amount for your pricing groups as opposed to offering a general discount with a Product Price Group across multiple items.
You're able to decide what discount amounts you want to apply on a per-variant/per-customer tag basis. You can set a percentage off, amount off, or set a fixed price.
You can also bulk import tiered discounts for some or all of your products using Detailed Pricing.
For more information, please visit our Detailed Pricing Overview.