This guide answers several common questions regarding Custom Pricing's functionalities.
Here's the questions that are covered in this article:
- Can you create a wholesale account without having the customer make a purchase?
- How do I provide my customers with a wholesale account?
- Is there a way to prevent certain customers from being auto-tagged?
- When does a customer have to log in to get their wholesale pricing?
- What happens if a customer makes a purchase when they're not logged in?
- Can I set payment options with Custom Pricing?
- Do the tax exemption rules apply to shipping rates?
Select the question to view the answer:
Yes, you can create customers and pre-apply their account tag so they'll receive their wholesale discount when they log in.
Generally, there are two ways that a customer can get an account for your store:
Option 1 - When a customer completes a purchase they are asked, "Would you like to create an account". If they select "Yes, create my account", then an account will be created for them.
Option 2 - You can invite customers that have previously purchased from your store by navigating to the "Customers" section of your Shopify admin. Find the customer and select Invite. If a customer has never made a purchase, you can also manually create an account for them.
You can prevent a customer account from being auto-tagged by applying the "cspnotag" tag (without the quotes) to their customer account. You can find more information in regards to the "cspnotag" functionality in the Custom Pricing app under Manage Tags > Pro Tips.
Note: This feature is not compatible with the Accelerated Draft Orders Method of Custom Pricing at this time.
Your customer won't have access to their wholesale discount if they are not logged into a tagged account. However, their purchase(s) will be tracked within your Shopify "Orders" section.
This is relevant if you've set up auto-tagging rules based on historical purchases.
A customer will need to log into their customer account before checkout to be eligible for their special pricing.
Unfortunately not, Custom Pricing is designed to omit taxes based on products, not shipping costs.